Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Am Not Dead

Hello, hello, hello-

I am not dead. I am not even really close to dead. I just have so many things vying to pull my time away from schoolwork that blogging, sad to say, often gets pushed to the end of the list. That's right. You're a distraction from my other distractions. How does that make you feel?

February break starts Friday though THANK THE LORD. I am flying back to Massachusetts where, upon arriving, I will promptly take a bubble bath. I'm also getting my next tattoo and spending a few nights at Wheaton College where one of my very best friends goes. She'll be doing schoolwork. I, will not. The only thing I will be doing is living it up, wild college girl style. It, will be awesome. (Honestly, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just excited to see what a college that isn't Christian, in the middle of a cow field, and covered in ice and snow like our very own pre-Aslan version of Narnia is like. Also, a place where there is something to do past eleven o'clock. Maybe even somewhere to go that isn't on campus. In other words, a place that is not Houghton.)

I'm really freaking excited for break, which actually completely sucks, because whenever you're really excited for something and you've built it up a lot in your mind, it always always lets you down. I really don't want break to let me down.

I don't think it will though: I don't know how it could. My best friend is easy to be with and even when we haven't seen each other in ages, we've known each other so long that we can fill in the gaps in moments and it's like we saw each other yesterday again. Also, I'm psyched that she's coming with me to get my tattoo, and getting her belly button pierced. I love it when friends go with me to get bodily mutilations. It just makes them that much more meaningful.

I am also psyched to see my parents; I should probably mention that. Or, just to be in my house really. And most especially, to see my dog, aka Holly, aka the coolest animal on this entire planet. I miss that dog, so very much. I plan to get my fill of her over this break.

I also plan to eat steak. Hopefully. If I can convince my parents to take me out to a steakhouse because, as always, I am next to broke right now.

And you know what else I plan to do? Blog. I know. You should be super grateful that I am willing to spend my precious free time blogging for people like you. It's because I love you, Dear Readers. I love you lots for putting up with me and my laziness and mood-swings and weird obsessions every week.

It's very possible one of these blog posts will be about tattoos (FINALLY). Since I'm getting my new one, it seems appropriate to finally address the topic and my personal (obviously positive) feelings on the matter. It's also possible that one of these blog posts will be the short story that I promised (if you read it) on my twitter account last week or so. You know what I just did there? I just promised you two blog posts next week. What the frigidaire was I thinking?

So, there you go. I just have to make it through the next five days alive and then I will be living it up and telling you all about it. Save some free time next week to read my lovely ramblings.

Until then.

P.S.
This week, I did four things I have never done before. I watched Shutter Island, which freaked me out, in the best way, and I liked it a lot. (Even though the people I was watching it with TALKED THROUGH THE WHOLE THING NOT TO POINT FINGERS OR ACT LIKE I'M STILL ANGRY ABOUT IT OR ANYTHING JED. MAYBE YOU WOULD'VE UNDERSTOOD IT BETTER IF YOU'D BEEN ABLE TO SHUT UP FOR FIVE SECONDS.) (It's ok, he doesn't read this blog. He has no idea I even have a blog. No worries.) Uhm, where was I? Oh. I played pool for the first time, and I immediately realized there is a reason I have been avoiding the pasttime all these years, and I stopped playing pool. I finished a 38 oz. bag of peanut butter m&m's. Not by myself. Don't worry. AND I made pottery at a real live pottery wheel, and it was awesome, and I plan to do it again, maybe more than once. It's really awesome when your future roommate is an art major and you've just always had all these deep, hidden, unfullfilled dreams of being artistic buried inside of you. It's really very awesome.

P.P.S. That was a really long P.S. Sorry. That's all. See you very soon. I hope. Wish me luck this week!

No comments: