Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Gay Thing

Not necessarily the most eloquent thing I've ever penned [typed] but definitely full of passion:

All I want to say
Is that, I love God. I love people.
I hate it when Christians hate on gays.
I don't get how they think that the Bible backs that up. That being their hatred and homophobia and sickening, close-minded, evil bigotry.
Are you that ignorant of everything going on around you? Are you that ignorant of the God you claim you love?
I know that the Bible condemns homosexuality and people have debated for decades just what is the Biblical viewpoint regarding this hot button issue.
I honestly don't have the answer to that. It is one of the biggest questions I've ever faced and I have to admit I just don't know.
But the thing I do know is that you're supposed to love gay people, no matter who you are. God loves the gay people. God loves everybody. Homosexuality is something many people struggle with and it's ignorant and insipid and infuriating to hear you spout on hatefully about something you clearly have no experience with, at all.
As somebody who has, over the years, known, been related to, loved and lived with several homosexuals, I would have to say,
Shut up. Shut up about the thing that you don't understand. God doesn't need you to hate on the gays for Him. God doesn't need you to pass His judgment.
I hope your besetting sin never becomes fodder for college-aged neaanderthals to spew verbal diarrhea about in the fast-food restaurants of their campuses.
It hurts me to hear people talking like this.

No comments: